Sunday, October 18, 2009


Ok. So I was at the store the other day and what did mine eyes behold?

ALAS! A CACTUS PEAR!

Do cactus pears taste good? Where do said pears even come from (other than from a cactus...) How do you eat these things? They don't have any spikes! Who shaves them off? What do you do with them? How popular could those things be?

OH HOW CULTURAL!!!!

So I bought one.

And I peeled it like the lady said.

And I cut it open and it looked like this: ('twas a foreshadow of the nastiness to come...)

And I tried it along with ktln for moral/cultural support.


And it was... uh... TERRIFIC!

And if you believe that, I've got a bridge I want to sell you!

IT TASTED LIKE PLANT AND THEN IT TASTED LIKE NASTY!
So pretty much I can cross that off my "to-do" list. Take my advice: not worth it. Bleck. I immediately washed my mouth out with leftover chocolate pie and grape-raspberry Jell-o! That made everything better!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it wasn't ripe...Or maybe you should have bought several and made prickly-pear jelly!

    ReplyDelete