Friday, September 10, 2010

HOLY IOWA, BATMAN!

So, my summer cottage is in the magical land of Iowa- where the corn grows "knee high by the Fourth of July" and the air is so thick and humid you could probably cut it with a knife if you wanted to...


This shirt was on my "to-do" list for a LOOOOOONG time! I saw it online once about a year and a half ago and little did I know that there is an actual store that sells these smart aleky t-shirts!! I didn't know that little fact until one fortuitous day. See I was walking along one day after work in Downtown, just a-waiting for my dad to get done and I sees this store, eh? So I walks in there annnnnnndddd....
BAM!
THIS AWESOME SHIRT THAT I COVETED SO MUCH WAS JUST SITTING THERE ON THE SHELF, WAITING FOR ME!
Hello little shirt, welcome to my life!

And see, it's funny because, being from Iowa and all, people are always like, "You're from OHIO, right? You're from IDAHO, right? Does your family grow potatoes?"

Pshhht! HECK NO! IOWA, BABY!

So that's why the shirt is so funny :) In fact, I think that I laugh every time I see or even think of this shirt. I am laughing right now-- are you?

Now...
HOLY SHORTS, BATMAN!

This to-do list passed offness, is to make a pair of cut-offs. These poor pants are from alllll the way back in the 9th grade! They have definitely seen better days. That aside, I cut off the bottoms and used them to patch up the top. But THEN! I got ANOTHER HOLE right at about hand height. SOOOOOOOOOO....
COOLEST SHORTS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I created a little pocket instead of patching up the whole!!! IT'S SO AWESOME! Yep. Good times! Crafty, crafty, crafty :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so gifted (and I am UBER impressed that your shorts from 9th grade fit, as mine would most definately NOT ;o)). Coolest of cool! This could become a trend, you know...

    ReplyDelete