Thursday, October 21, 2010

So this is a catch-up (ketchup? Why not mustard?) blog post.

SO!

I sat in a floor seat during a devotional (it was actually for Elder Oaks even! Cool!! I love BYU....)

I watched this movie just 'cuz you know, we share a title. The ironic thing is that I guess "Megane" in Japanese mean "glasses", and see it's funny because I've had glasses since I was two! Funny :) Ha ha.

So here in BYU-land there is this place called the Women's Center. At that particular center for this whole semester they are doing a "Recapturing Beauty" campaign where they are promoting self-esteem in women. A part of that was this cool thing called the Ten Day Challenge where you had to do a challenge every day for 10 days-- things like treat yourself to a little indulgence, no "fat talk", monitor your "self-talk", no media, don't weigh yourself, etc. Anyway, on the last day, we went to a conference thing where we got a t-shirt (mine was pink! But there were other colors, like purple and green and blue and orange that you could choose from) and we completed the last challenge. It was a wonderful experience- really enlightening. If anything, I love my body even more than before! I can do SO much! What a perfect machine! Wow. I am thankful for my abilities every day.

You can't see everything, but today (the day after the last day of the challenge) we were 'possed to wear our shirts on campus. And boy, howdy! Did I ever wear it! And a pink undershirt and a pink headband, and MATCHING pink socks (Big deal! I know!) and pink shoes! I LOVE IT!

I know that there is a lot of other things that I have done recently that I can't remember what they were... but when I do remember, you betta believe I'm goin'a write about 'em!

1 comment:

  1. What's up?
    The cat's up? (It's a joke...ketchup, catsup. Tomayto, tomahto...)
    You're pretty in pink! Ah, the little pink, plastic glasses. I'm waxing nostalgic...

    ReplyDelete