Thursday, October 7, 2010

There she is, folks. The Kennecott Copper mine located just southwest of Salt Lake City. Isn't it wonderful? If you can't see it cool enough, click on the picture and it'll take you to a larger image (at least, I think it will... it should... I dk!) A long, long time ago in" once upon a time" time, I was in a Utah History class. Sounds enthralling, right? I know, I know, I know. I couldn't agree more! Anyway, we learned about this copper mine in that class and I have wanted to go ever since! To learn more about Kennecott, check out this link... or your local library.

"But Beautiful Lady!" You might ask. "However did you get up to that great height?" Let me give you a hint:

"Well, beatniks for one, folk singers and motorbike riders. Y'know. All those hip, jazzy, super cool, neat, keen, and groovy cats. It's in the fridge, daddy-o! Are you hip to the jive? Can you dig what I'm layin' down? I knew that you could. Slide me some skin, soul brother! " (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)

That wasn't a terribly good hint... actually, now that I think about it... but hey! Motorbike riders! Slide me some skin, soul brother! In case you haven't gotten it yet, we (Mycroft and I) motorcycled up to the top! AHHHHHH YEAH!

We only crashed once and that may or may not have broken the brake lever and we may or may not have decided to keep going even with one of the brakes completely out....I can neither confirm nor deny the aforementioned experiences actually happening... but hey! IT WAS AWESOME! I'm a BIG fan of the motorcycleage!

Anyway, as we were coming down the mountain, Mycroft told me not to lean too far forward or else the bike might get off balance, so I was leaning as far backwards as I could BUT WE WERE GOING DOWNHILL for crying out loud! The whole trip down was me bracing myself with my legs, but trying not to brace too much in case we hit a bump 'cuz then my legs might break from the impact- IT WAS NUTS! But no worries, we didn't die, we didn't have broken legs- we just had awesomeness :)

This little excursion passed off three things on my to-do list:
Ride a motorcycle
Wear a real-deal motorcycle helmet
Overlook Kennecott Copper Mine
I would call that a successful weekend!




1 comment:

  1. So, was someone there to take your "proof positive" picture? Oh Beautiful Lady! You are sooooo awesome! Nice job Mycroft in getting B.L. back safe and sound!! I'm sure her mother shouldn't read the part about the possible failure of the brakes. eek!

    ReplyDelete