Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Xie Xie!
I made this quilt for my brother Shadow's graduation present. The design is "Chinese Coin Quilt" cuz I guess the pieces look like a stack of Chinese coins.... I dunno...

Anyway- this quilt passes off TWO things on my to do list! MULTI-TASKING! The first was actually making a quilt with the Chinese Coin quilt design. And that was on the list just cuz its a pretty cool design.

The second part was to make a quilt with a gradation of color. We didn't have a pattern for this quilt, but we just kind of figured it out from pictures, and that left the color scheme up to me! So I sorted out the colors maroon, gold, green, teal, blue, and purple according to their hues then skip counted up and back down so as to not repeat the different fabric pieces up and down the scale. I LOVED the result and might just make one exactly like it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment