Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Hello muddah!
Hello faddah!
Here I am at
Camp Granada
Camp is very
entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining!"

You might have guessed it--or not, it's kind of outlandish-- but I have (had!) not gone camping before!!

FOR REAL!

I don't think that sleeping in a tent in our backyard when I was 6 counts... especially since we had to go inside when it started raining...

Anyway! So this summer I decided to go to a student congregation instead of a family congregation. All the people in this congregation are AM-AZ-ING! I LOVE THEM! But moving past that, we were planning a boating trip down at Lake Rathbun and I happened to mention that I had never, in all of my 21 years, gone camping. And so all plans were changed and we went down a day early so that we could go camping!! HOORAY!!!!!

We got down there just as it was getting dark, and I helped to set up my first tent. Then we had MARVELOUS food provided by Hibby (the main organizer of this fantastical event!) and Hibby's family. Then we sat around the campfire in true camping fashion and chatted until aboooouuuut... 1:30 in the morning.

Then we went to bed.

Alas, did we sleep? NO! Some raccoons were having a HAY DAY outside of the girl tent. AND THEN the wind had a COW all over the place AND WE ALMOST DIED because our tent wasn't staked down! (I didn't set that tent up!) AND THEN IT RAINED FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT! And the little *plink plink plink* on the tin roof nearby almost DROVE ME NUTS! But no worries! We DIDN'T die. It was an AWESOME adventure.

I LOVE CAMPING!!!

Above is a picture of all of us on the trip-- seriously, one of the. funnest. weekends. of. my. life.

No comments:

Post a Comment