Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Does the name "Cushman Honeybells" ring a bell?

No?
What about a Tangelo?

Ok. So, I had heard about Tangelos before, but they were a bizarre little mystery- to me, the name was sort of a cross between Mr. T, and Michelangelo. *shutter*

Anyway, whilst in Macey's today, I happened upon a deal too good to be true!

"Could it be true??? NO!"

Oh, but it was! Tangelos 3lbs for $1! These were BuyLow prices, baby- but at Maceys! (ok, so that reference might be a little lost to all those that don't live in P-town)

Being the adventurous little blogger that I am (and reminiscing on the fact that I haven't blogged in FOR-EV-ER) images of the cactus pear began swimming through my mind and I
knew. I KNEW that it was time for another cultural culinary adventure. An tango with tangelos.

According to Wikipedia (I know, I know. My credibility just went out the window...):

"The tangelo (pronounced
/ˈtændʒəloʊ/ TAN-jə-loh), (C. reticulata × C. maxima or C. × paradisi), Citrus × tangelo, is also widely known as the honeybell. Tangelo is a citrus fruit that is a hybrid of a tangerine and either a pomelo or a grapefruit. It may have originated in Southeast Asia over 3,500 years ago.[citation needed]"<--- (that's the most reliable part)
Don't you feel informed?

I tell you what, that was the tastiest little hybrid that I have ever tasted.

It was just loaded with a tasty taste that tasted tasty in my
humblest of opinions!

Basically what I'm getting at is that you should try them.





3 comments: