Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Go (quick breath) tell it on the Mou-ntain
Over the hi-ll and ev-vry-wh-eh-ere
Go (quick breath) tell it on the Mou-ntain

That Jesus Chri-ist is Born!

First of all, I love Christmas.

Second of all, this to-do list pass off was something that I never even thought of doing- because it's so awesome! It exceeded the realms of my to-do list dreaming capabilities.

Now I know what you are thinking....

What could it possibly BE?!?!?!

TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME!!!!

I'm DYING to know! DYING!!!
HURRY HURRY HURRY
!!

Things like that, I'm sure. It is comforting to know that I hold the fate of your mental health in my capable hands.

SO GET ON WITH IT!

So what happened was this: A friend of mine told me about this person named Alex Boye who was singing for the halftime show at the Arizona v. BYU basketball game in the Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City on December 11, 2010. I was like, "who's Alex Boye?" first of all-- and then she said:

"And he is looking for exceedingly beautiful, humble young women..."

Right away, I knew that I was qualified. And then she threw in the clincher:

"He needs a gospel choir..."

Swirling images of chocolate, hazelnut, caramel and vanilla from one of my favorite films Corrina, Corrina began melting in my mouth, and as I was recovering from the idea of accompanying Alex Boye in a Gospel Choir during half time at the Energy Solutions Area, she said the following words that would echo in my heart, possibly forever:

"And you would wear choir robes"

I was sold. Sold heart and oh-so-white soul. Hallelujah! Praise! Mmmmmmmm, sing it Girl!

So for your viewing entertainment, here is the video my brother-in-law took of our stunning performance. I'm the beautiful lady in the group of singers closet to the camera-- the girl closest to the camera that looks kind of awkward and has her hair in a bun. Mighta looked awkward, but I was sure feelin' the soul. Awwwwwwwww, yeah!



In case the video doesn't work, here's the YouTube link

2 comments:

  1. Hal-AAAAAAAY-loooooo-yah!
    I love the movie Corrina, Corrina!
    You didn't look THAT awkward. I thought you looked great! The only problem is that the robes were so big that you morphed into the person next to you. And being on the mega-tron---Woooohoooo! You've gone big time sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm your blog is super cute! follow me too, even though mine isn't as cute or exciting as yours!

    ReplyDelete