Sunday, November 22, 2009


LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!!!!


So there you are... just eating your something from a box of Kellogg's food product and what do your eyes behold?? An unturndownable offer for a free movie, stuffed animal, collectible racecar replica, or... A STAR TREK T-SHIRT!!!! Don't deny it! You know that you've ALWAYS wanted to order a product from the back of the cereal box. The problem was that you had to clip out 5 of those proof of purchases, send in the shipping and handling, and wait SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS to get the product that is subject only to availability!!! So your mom always said no. But can that stop you when when you are an ADULT?!?! NOPE!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!


The above is a rather scary picture of yours truly RIPPING THAT PLASTIC BAG APART to get the long awaited T-shirt!

The thing is, I coulda sent in 5 box proof of purchases and gotten it free, but I just thought "There is NO way that I'm going to buy 5 boxes of CHEESE-ITS! That's like, a million dollars!" So I sent in the $9.99, I watched as it was taken out of my bank account... but alas, after 6-8 weeks, no Star Trek Tee!

As you can probably tell, I did end up recieving it after contacting the company. After all that, really the hardest part of this whole process was deciding what color to get!!!! There was the gold, the blue, and the red. I'm DEFINITELY not a Star Trek watcher-- and pretty much only sent in for this one because I happened to be looking at the back of a Cheese-its box and knowing it was something to do before I die... But the rationale for getting the red one was that I do NOT look good in gold (captain's tee), I have too many blue shirts (scientist tee) and not enough red ones (other people tees...) I found out later that every episode someone wearing a red shirt dies... So that put a little bit of a damper on things... BUT HEY! IT'S CROSSED OFF THE LIST!!!!!

ps-- the pearls were a nice touch, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Well, Megan, what the color of your shirt means really depends on which series your base it off of. For the original series, you are correct. The gold is the captain's color and the science and medical are blue. However, in Star Trek the next generation and on the red shirts are the operations team mostly full of ensigns (the people who always die) and the captain's or commanders as well. If I was you, I'd go off of TNG and on, Captain Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Maria,

    You are awesome.

    Love,
    ktln

    P.S. Megan! Your shirt IS amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete