Thursday, November 26, 2009

"Say, that reminds me of another amusing anecdote..."

There I was in Family Finance, being all studious and everything- taking good, legible notes on everything related to my FAVORITE topic (AKA municipal bonds) when all of a sudden:

Dr. I: "Blah, blah, blah, IS THAT A STAR TREK SHIRT?!?!"
Me (after slinking down really far in my chair): "Yep"
Dr. I: "THAT'S SO AWESOME! WOW!-- rant rant rant--"
Me: "I actually ordered it from a cereal box"
Dr. I: "WOW! THAT MAKES IT EVEN COOLER!!!"

All the while my face is flaming red and my hands are shaking as the ENTIRE class of 100+ students turns in their seats to gaze upon the awesomeness that is my mail-order Star Trek shirt.

"Aw yeah, everybody was pretty jealous of me after that- I was gettin' a lot of attitude!"

-- 15 minutes go by--

Dr. I: "So the year to market value is equivalent WHAT CEREAL BOX DID YOU ORDER THAT FROM?!?!"
Me: "It was from Kelloggs products back in the summertime"
Dr. I: "Wow. Cool shirt. I want one!"

--10 minutes go by--

I raise my hand to answer the question posed-- NOTE: I NEVER do that--

Me: "Blah blah blah (that is the answer to the question- I'm all about technical terms...)
Dr. I: "Correct. Thank you Number One"

"Anyway, I know it's kinda been a roundabout way of saying it, but I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is-- I HATE SAUERKRAUT!"




No comments:

Post a Comment