Sunday, February 14, 2010

A long, long time ago, I swore in my wrath NEVER to crochet around a hemstitched baby blanket EVER again.
EVER!

But see, the thing is, baby mania has approached my friends.

BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!

Side note: there is a hysterical "BABIES!" joke that is pervasive in my life. So I'm thinkin' that I'll share it because I think it's SO FUNNY!

It all started with Chuck Norris. Back in High School, Chuck Norris jokes were a BIG deal. I don't even know why!!! But I do know that I went to a Presidential campaign rally for Mike Huckabee because Chuck Norris was an advocate for him! (The following picture was taken from my very own camera!)
Anyway, so Chuck Norris jokes might go something like this:
Chuck Norris can gargle peanut butter
When Chuck Norris does push ups, he doesn't push himself up; he pushes the world down!
Chuck Norris had his tonsils removed... TWICE!
When Chuck Norris was born, the doctor cried because no body slaps Chuck Norris!

So yeah, there was a Chuck Norris joke that went something like this:
Chuck Norris likes to knit sweaters; and by "knit", I mean kick; and by "Sweaters" I mean BABIES!!

I told that joke to my (then) 15 year old- Chuck Norris joke- loving brother, and he said
"That is not funny. That is cruel."
Ouch. Talk about a slap in the face. So then, we modified the joke so as not to offend anyone. NOW the joke can be used to brighten any situation! For example:
Boy: "I HATE those pants that you are wearing!"
Girl: "Oh. These are my favorite pants. My favorite, favorite pants."
Boy: "And by 'hate', I mean 'love' and by 'those pants', I mean BABIES!!"
So yeah, that's the basics of the joke. Feel free to use and modify it as you like.

But getting back to the story. As you may know, I am learning how to crochet. Back when I was twelve, my mom got really into hemstitching. I tried it, but was SOOO bad at it. (Hemstitching is when you crochet around the edges of flannel blankets, bibs, and burp rags) That was the point when I swore in my wrath never to hemstitch again.
Well, this weekend I broke that promise to myself.

But I think that the results were quite charming!
BABIES!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You saw Chuck Norris in real life AND you crochet baby burp rags. You are amazing. I want to grow up to be just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete