Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cake Anyone?
FIRST! I forgot to put wax paper down in the bottom of the cake pan. DUH! SERIOUSLY, BEAUTIFUL LADY? I even told myself to do it, and then I just went right ahead and poured it into the pan! It's like Alice in Wonderland when she says, "I give myself very good advice, though I seldom follow it." Kinda like that. Anyway, so the above monstrosity is what happens when you don't listen to yourself. Note to self: listen more often.
But it's all ok if you think about it (really, really, really hard) because fondant makes everything look better! Am I right or am I right? ("right, right, right"--Groundhog Day-- "Watch that step! It's a DOOZY!") I just realized how scatterbrained this entry is so I'll get right to the punchline: the next thing I did on my "to-do" list was use fondant.
The above is Master's cake. She is pretty much the most amazing person in the WORLD because she exhibited an inhuman amount of patience while Skipper and I tried to get our fondant on correctly. (the above is her two-layer brownie cake) I'm thinkin' that we tried to get the fondant on our respective cakes 5 different times EACH with very little success. In the end... well, you can see from the pictures...
Overhead is Skipper's cake: sculpted to perfection via rolling pin, fingertips, and fondant smoother. Oh man. It was SO funny! You shoulda seen it before she used those fancy sculpting tools!
The Master, me, and Skipper displaying our final results. I didn't know what to do on mine, so I just copied the Master, but made the character Luigi. The little red blotches are just because I wanted to try out a certain tip-- and that's what the result looks like! Just for your FYI.

I'm-a Luigi and I'ma gonna win!

No comments:

Post a Comment