Saturday, September 26, 2009

Behind the Waterfall
So, ever since I watched Scott Murphy's Behind the Waterfall when I was like, 6, I have wanted to go behind a waterfall- HOW AWESOME!!! AND not only is it AWESOME but there is a rainbow EVERY WHERE YOU LOOK!!!

Hello Rainbow! How are you?!

Rainbows are pretty much my favorite thing in the entire world- SO beautiful! I can't even explain my love of their simple, yet amazing, beautifulness. Egads.

"So," you ask me, "When did you have this incredible opportunity to go behind a waterfall?"
"Well," I tell you, "I happened to hike through blistering heat and scorching desert, I climbed to the top of the tallest mountain to the top of the tallest waterfall on EARTH!"
You look incredulously at me.
But you know what? That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
"And where might this amazingly tall mountain be?" you inquire.
"Stewart Falls, Provo UT" comes the reply.

Pretty impressive, eh?
I know.
I didn't even die- not even once!

We hiked all the way to the top and were just chilling a little bit when I looked to the guy next to me and said, "What are we doing?! We're so close!" and we decided to get behind the waterfall but to do that, we had to hike like, 90 degrees up a another cliff, cross algae infested water, grab onto slimy rocks, smash our hands into soft rocks, have our breath sucked from our lungs because of the FREEZING WATER and cut my feet on slick rocks- ALL A MILLION FEET ABOVE THE PLACE WHERE THE WATERFALL WATER FALLS! But is was
INCREDIBLE.
I wouldn't trade that beautifulness for anything.

Course, I scooted on my bum all the way down because I was so scared of falling and even then I managed to fall and scrape my hands up. Alas, the price you pay...

No comments:

Post a Comment