Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I completed another one of my 14000 things to do before I die!!!















It all started on Labor day last.... *dreamy shimmer*

After concocting a magnificent chicken salad chuck full of purpley grapes, crushed nuts (crushed by the infamous "nut crusher"), canned chicken (is it really chicken?), creamy mayonayo, and peeled mandarin orange segments- like a rainbow! For your stomach!!!

After all of that, we piled into Julia's car (with a tire perilously close to a blow out) and commenced our trip. Gut splitting laughter prompted by William Goldman's satire, and amazing
A Capella-head-boppin'-Bobby McFerrin-Don't Worry Be Happy- action, authentic sailor-esk Disney forearm tatoos, and a KILLER 20 miles off an unpaved, gravel road, we finally arrived at the WOLRD FAMOUS ALBEQUERQUE HOLIDAY INN where the towels are oh so fluffy and the air smells like warm rootbeer, and you can eat your soup right out of the ashtrays- don't
worry, they're clean!















WACKA WACKA DOO DOO YEAH!!!

Errrr.... Right..... We went to the world famous ALBEQUERQUE HOLIDAY INN! Do you believe in Déjà vu? Didn't you just ask me that?

Just kidding- but seriously...

We went to
the Salt Flats!!! (well kind of...)
THE SPIRAL JETTY!
IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!



















We waded in the Great Salt Lake and gathered salt crystals that were HUGE! The water was so shallow though, and the salt so white, and the sky so perfect and AMAZING that it looked like we were walking on water that actually was the
sky! I can't really describe it, so I guess I'll put some pictures
up!

So Pretty much ever since I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3, I have wanted to go to the Salt Flats, and this IS the salt flats in the sense that it is Salt and it is Flat- so yeah, I definitely think that that counts (even though I still plan on going to the actual Salt Flats before I die...) So yeah!!! EXCITING WEEK!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment