Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oh my goodness!! Has it really been that long since I have updated this?!? I can't believe it! Anyway, as stated, I got the job as a waitress, and let me tell you- HARD WORK! I had no idea how hard waitresses had to work to get a decent wage- after all, when you get paid something like 4.25/hour, you really need the additional tip money if you want to come away with anything at all! I discovered that I don't like to work with people the way that waitressing requires. For example:
1. You have to think that everything everyone says is funny
2. You have to be happy all the time
3. You can't appear stressed out even if you are
4. You have to delegate or nothing will get done
5. Just swallow the criticism and don't take it personally- you can only do the best you can.

Yep. Never have I had a job where I came home more emotionally drained than that job. There is no sit still time- which is funny because the "Child Development Center" didn't have any down time either, but at least the kids kept you engaged. The part that bugged me most was that I was treated like a servant at times. No one- let me repeat- NO ONE deserves to be treated less than a person of divine worth. It was the same way as the housekeeping job- if you hold a station that is seen as "lesser", people treat you that way. And I think that if I didn't know who I was, eventually I would believe the stereotype that other people placed upon me. Crazy how that works.

One thing down on my 14000 things to do before I die- 13999 to go!

So now it's school time and things are starting to get CRAZY! I have 4 hour blocks on the majority of my classes, and since it's only Wednesday (3rd day of class) I haven't even had half of my classes yet (they only meet once a week- Wednesday night and Thursday night). So I'm just bumming around and waiting for the homework to bury me alive!

I'm working on 13999 right now, though, because my elementary education application is due in 2 weeks!!! I"M GOING TO BE A TEACHER!!! (hopefully- that is, if I get accepted...)

Also, new thing to do before I die: 13998- learn puppetry. And as luck would have it, I'm in a puppetry class right now. HOW FUN! It'll really force me to go outside the box, but I'm thinkin' that it's going to be AWESOME!

Anywho, I gotta do some work- until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment