Tuesday, September 29, 2009

REBELOPOLIS: HERE I COME!!!!

I'm pretty much the most non-daring person I know. Period.

Oh, how I have wanted to:
1. Get the "emo" haircut
2. Dye a shock of my hair bright pink
3. Climb onto the roof of a building that says "do not climb on the roof of this building"
4. Walk on the red carpet part of the airport line even though I didn't buy a first class seat
5. Shout in the "no- shhhh" zone

(yeah- so pretty much all of those things are on my "to do" list before I die anyway....)

Although, in my list of daring things that I have learned to do:
1. Do "smokey eyes" make up
2. Walk on the left side of the sidewalk
3. Wear unmatched socks (hey! Life's too short!)
4. Wear hats to school
5. Be late for a class (but not too late...)
6. Wear BRIGHT red lipstick

So today I finished another one of my 14000 things to do before I die: I read a book that is banned by a number of school districts! BUAH AH AH!!!!

This book is a Newbery Award winner AND a Caldacott Award winner.

It is definitely one of the most incredible books I have ever read...
IN MY LIFE.
The Watsons Go to Birmingham: 1963 is an incredible story about a family and the struggles that they went through. Mind you, the main struggle only encompassed about 20 pages of the entire book-- the rest of it was pure, unadulterated, feel good reading that brought warm fuzzies to my stomach, love feelings to my heart, and laughter to my... uh... spleen? I love this book. I LOVE THIS BOOK!
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
I don't know if I will ever get over it. I laughed! I cried! I- I- I- I- just don't know what else to say! May anyone and everyone within the visual of this html screen (yeah- all 4 of you!) enrich their lives by reading this book.

So yeah. That was my rebellious side shining through.

1 comment:

  1. I think you get it from me...the rebellious thing I mean...although that Taylor has been known to enter abandoned buildings with a "No Trespassing" sign clearly posted. Hmmmm....maybe you get it from him.

    ReplyDelete