Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a lover of all things not tight fitting. That's right: NOT tight fitting.
Don't get me wrong, if you've got it, flaunt it.

I, however, have got it in some places better than others. Therefore, I just prefer not to flaunt anything in particular.

I think it had something to do with how I was raised... It might be due to the fact that I (weirdly) thought that I would grow into whatever size I bought (nope. still don't fit into those adult extra large t-shirts that I bought when I was 9...). Or maybe it was that I thought that all people were the same size (after all, my mom and dad have a favorite shirt that they both wear, and they both swear it was them that originally bought it). Or maybe it's just that I am still a tomboy at heart! Who knows!

Anyway you look at it, my clothes are generally too big, and I chronically suffer from baggy butt syndrome in the jeans booty department. (Could living be more comfortable? I submit that it could not!)

And that brings me to my to-do list pass off. No, no, no. I did not buy tight leather pants. I bought a pair of skinny jeans! WOOT!

In addition to not wearing tight things, I try to stay away from the figure flattering things as well. I don't know why; I just do. So while I liked the skinny jean style, I just could not get myself to buy a pair because what do they accentuate? The skinny little legs and the skinny little booty- neither of which I actually have.

I had seen too many skinny jean mishaps to venture into that realm of fashion. Have you ever noticed that skinny jeans make even the longest legs look kind of short? Have you noticed that skinny jeans really only look flattering on about, eh, 6% of the people who wear them?

Anyway you look at it, I finally found a pair that I love at that place that I love called Charlotte Russe.
(note: that is not me.
It is a professionally paid model via CharlotteRusse.com)


The jeans are "slouchy slim" so they are not uber revealing, but just the right amount of tapered leg. Using the dressing room wall as a support, I had flashbacks of sitting on my bedroom floor when I was six and struggling to pull off my 90's skinny jeans. I could never get them off right-side-out because my feet were always bigger than the hole they came out of! Who ever thought to make pants that way? These flashbacks did not deter me, though! No!

In the end, I bought those jeans, and I love them. Of course, I am lumped into the 94% of the population that try to pull of the look but fall slightly short... or slightly more than slightly short...but hey! They are so fun!

And the best part of it is... on the back pocket is a little faux aging where it looks like I have something in my pocket... but I don't! Oh the trickery! But maybe that was only impressive to me...

2 comments:

  1. I'm shocked!!! (Don't tell Abby...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You positively crack me up. I will have to check them out. I don't like to wear jeans in general, let alone skinny jeans. If they actually did what they promised, I might ;). They are cute and I know you look fabulous in them. Congrats! Finding any good pair of jeans is definately something worth celebrating =)!

    ReplyDelete