Friday, April 29, 2011

Magical.

Foreign.

Romantic.

Clean.

Fabulous.

Chic.

Luscious.

No, I'm not talking about a tall, dark and handsome certain someone; although, mmm mmmm mmmm, that would be nice.  I am talking about IKEA.  Now take a moment to re-read the previous adjectives, and I am certain you will agree.

*moment*

As I's thinkin' about IKEA, I thinked to myself- "Self, what does IKEA even mean?? How can I endorse a place that I don't even know what is? It could mean 'flea jumping off a dog's back' in Swedish for all I know!"

So lucky for you, I will now satisfy that burning curiosity!

According to IKEAfans.com:

"IKEA is an acronym made up of four letters: I K E A. I is for Ingvar, the first name of the founder of IKEA stores. K is for Kamprad, the last name of the founder of IKEA stores. E is for Elmtaryd, the name of the farm where Ingvar Kamprad grew up. A is for Agunnaryd, the name of the village near Kamprad's boyhood home. That's where the name IKEA came from!"


WOAH! WHO KNEW, RIGHT??

This to-do list pass off was to eat IKEA meatballs.  I had heard that they were the best Swedish meatballs... EVER... so I just had to try them.   

 Mother Dear and I went to IKEA, and after "oohing" and "aahing" sufficiently over IKEA merchandise, we sat down to this pass-off. Above: our Meatballs.  Yes, they are as tasty as they appear.
 
Now, another thing that we tried is called "Princess Cake"-- it was sponge cake, whipped cream, raspberry jam, and booger green marzipan.  Why that made the creator think of princesses is a little beyond me...




Some people call it mucus, but it's snot.

Lastly, we ALSO tried a Spinach Crepe combo. Delicious!

Pretty much what I'm trying to say here is that IKEA's food is as great as the actual place. Wow! This was a fabulous pass-off.

2 comments:

  1. HA! I found it. and LOVE it!!! Oh my goodness! love love love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't know they had food! wow~organizational, yet beautiful, functioning furniture and bins AND food! seriously, pinch me--I must be dreaming! =)

    ReplyDelete