Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Hey, Beautiful Lady, whacha doing?"
"Eh, writing a blog post"
"On what?"
"Hector's BABY SHOP."
"Baby shop?? What do they sell?"
"BABIES of course! You just look over in the nursery and pick out the one you want.
There are all different varieties- you can just pick a baby and voila!
Cultural opportunity for the rest of your life!
"
*incredulous, yet interested look* "Where is it?"
"Salt Lake City, UT. It. Is. Awesome. BABIES EVERYWHERE!"

The preceding dialogue actually occurred, though the information is a little misleading.... Everyday on the way to the school I worked at in Salt Lake, we passed by Hector's Baby Shop. Oooh, curiosity was BURNING within me- WHAT COULD THEY POSSIBLY SELL IN THAT SHOP!? Babies? Baby clothes? Baby supplies? Baby dolls?

So one day, on our way home, my practicum buddies (Siklalic, Ivon, and Barbara) and I went to Hector's Baby Shop. (It's a cooler effect if you say the name of the shop out loud and not just in your head whenever you read it. Hector's BABY Shop!) It was not at all like I expected, but oh, so awesome. Floor to ceiling was handmade clothes, baby supplies, quinceanera dresses and supplies, wedding albums, plastic baby dolls and decorations- everything your heart could dreams of... and more!

The whole experience was fantastic and so very cultural.

If you are ever in Salt Lake in the Rose Park area, you should stop by. I highly patronize Hector's Baby Shop-perhaps for the rest of my life. The only other review on the internet is posted below- it is further validating that Hector's Baby Shop is the best baby shop IN. THE. WORLD. (even though they don't actually sell babies...)


Hector's Baby Shop
1003 North 900 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84116-1715
Reviews from around the web
1 - 1 of about 1
"I would reccommend for Baby Clothes I was in town visitng my family and we went up to Salt Lake City and we were simply strolling around and we found Hector's Baby Shop. I was surprised at the great clothes we found and the fun things they have there." - Natalie U. - Jul 6, 2008 - Full review »

No comments:

Post a Comment