Friday, April 1, 2011

*beep beepbeep beep beep beepbeep beep*
EXCITING NEWS!!!

This just in: yours truly, is going to be a

dum dumdum dum
TEACHER!
I know, I know, I know- that's not news, right? WRONG! I just received notice that I will have my very own classroom next year! A 4th grade, P-town elementary school classroom. No longer will I be known as Beautiful Lady- it'll be MS. LADY from now on! WOOT WOOT!

As a little bit more background, my co-teacher, Barbara, and I just finished our second practicum experience up in Salt Lake. For all of you non-double E people, a practicum experience is like a month long student teaching experience. We are in the schools from 8-2:30 every day (yes, that means that we drive to Salt Lake from Provoland every day)- we lesson plan, we grade, we teach, we eat in the faculty lounge, we wear fancy pants badges- it's great!

Anyway, Barbara and I did our second practicum in a 6th grade classroom. On our last day, we sang a song for them (modified tune from Zee Avi's "You and me") that was all about their class. Posted below is the recording of that song. Watch it if you dare....



Oh, man. I cannot express how sad I was to leave those little 11-year-olds. They have changed my life. Ack! I think I'm getting weepy! Well, that's my cue...


No comments:

Post a Comment